Pages

Michael H. for Indonesia Tatler


A recently published shoot of Michael Hadipoespito, Managing Director of Bina Nusantara University (BINUS), for Indonesia Tatler May 2014. Styled by Bonniedegio with wardrobe and accessories provided by Brioni.

I never really knew what to write about a photoshoot, technical stuff? Behind-the-scenes stuff (there were tons of coffee, that's for sure)? I'm not really a technical person, as long as I get the mood and light that I want (that compliments the person being photographed), then I'm happy. For this shoot, since we were moving around a lot in the location - and there were a lot of tables and chairs - I just used one SB900 (a flash, for all you non-Nikonians) with a small soft box attachment. Lens wise, I use my 70-200mm at 85mm on f/5.6. Shutter was at 1/60 if I remembered correctly. I didn't even bother to use a reflector because I like the shadow that was being casted around the face. If you have seen my previous works, I have a tendency to incorporate as much natural lighting as possible in my photographs. In fact, if I may help it, I prefet sunlight rather than artificial light. And if the only possibility is using artificial light, I'll try to depict sunlight as much as possible both when shooting and in post-production. I also have a tendency to use a lot of bokeh nowadays. Maybe this will change in the future, but not so soon I think. So hopefully you like the pictures as much as I do, and super thank you to Amadea Maya for being such an awesome managing editor. Much love! <3 - grace.










No comments:

Post a Comment